Tuesday, May 25, 2010

buy me these!

The saddest part about being a jewelry maker and aficionado is that no one ever buys ME jewelry. Here's a short wish list of items I've been coveting recently, for anyone who is interested (my birthday is in July, by the way):


Melting heart earrings from Brooklyn designer Yayoi Forest. I recently discovered this whimsical and slightly quirky line while perusing Catbird's website (a treasure trove of contemporary fashion jewelry that carries several local designers).


Necklace by Stephanie Simek. It's made from a real Japanese Quail egg and lined in 22K gold!


By Elisabeth Sann. I'm a huge fan of cutout silhouettes and use of negative space. She sells a necklace with the actual deer pendant cut out of this sheet metal, but I like that she's repurposed the leftovers to make this one, which I think is ultimately more interesting.

The list goes on and on...


3 comments:

  1. "the Shoemaker's kids go barefoot". We used to love shopping for rubies for you. Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete