Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers (part 2)

Happy Mother's Day! I dedicate this post to the loveliest mother of them all (and my favorite necklace model), my mom.



Here she is modeling three very different rings. The top one is a beautiful sapphire set in gold with a hammered band. The middle ring is a citrine and gold ring we gave her for her 60th birthday last year. It was made by Julius Cohen, the company I apprentice with. The bottom one is the most hideous ring my dad and I could find at the flea market in Coney Island. We presented her with that just to mess with her before giving her the real deal.

Mom, thanks for investing in my endless thirst for jewelry supplies. Thank you for helping me set up trunk shows. Thank you for supporting my decision to pursue this as a career. And most of all, thank you for continuing to inspire my creativity and artistic drive. I love you and couldn't do this without you.

3 comments: